There has been a rapid increase in the number of Covid-19 cases amongst people living and working in Hemsby, Ormesby, Somerton and Winterton.
The situation in Hemsby, Ormesby, Somerton and Winterton, Norfolk
A higher rate of cases is being found in these parishes than in other parts of Norfolk and we are encouraging our patients to get tested.
Mobile Testing Units (MTUs)
Drop-ins with no need for an appointment:
- Hemsby Sports and Social Club car park, daily from Thursday 22 July to 28 July between 12pm and 6.30pm – you can walk in or drive through
- Ormesby Village Centre car park, daily from Thursday 22 July between 8am and 5pm – walk through
- Winterton Village Hall car park, daily from Thursday 22 July between 8am and 5pm – walk through
Door to door testing
If you are identified as being clinically extremely vulnerable, we are not asking you to go out to access a test – someone will drop a test at your door. If you need support to carry out the test, call 0808 196 2238.
To protect you from the risk of scams, officers and volunteers will wear a high visibility jacket, PPE and visible identification. No one will ask for any payment of any kind or any bank details. If you are in any doubt, please call 0808 196 2238.
- This is precautionary case finding testing to help stop the spread
- Visits to houses will be caried out by council staff and volunteers and will have ID with them – at no point should you be asked for money/bank details etc.
- For more information, visit www.norfolk.gov.uk/enhancedtesting
21 July 2021